Rockledge Presbyterian Church

Rockledge Presbyterian Church, originally built in 1952, was ready for a major renovation. While maintaining normal operations of the church and preschool, W & J renovated over 5,000 square feet including the sanctuary, narthex and chapel.

Taking special care to preserve the historical integrity of the church, the scope included preservation of the stained glass windows, removal and relocation of 800+ pieces of organ pipe copper to be cleaned and prepped for reinstallation, and original light fixtures were removed, refurbished and rewired to become LED energy efficient fixtures. All of the original mahogany was sanded down and stained bringing it back to its original beauty. Other renovations included interior finishes, HVAC and the electrical system.

During the renovation of the church almost two tons of asbestos was removed from the ceilings and floors. A substantial addition to the existing chilled water system now provides consistent temperature in the back and front of the sanctuary.

Rockledge, FL

General Gallery